Working independently from Edmonton, you will be responsible to grow KV Capital’s market share of the private lending market and originate/structure financing transactions that are consistent with KV Capital’s lending programs. Emphasis will be on origination, and structuring of loans for all real estate asset classes; but primarily single family and multifamily residential projects, and commercial development projects. Success and compensation will be dictated by your ability to consistently source and close new deals, leverage your network and industry recognized expertise to bring value to your clients and build the reputation of KV Capital as a lender of first choice.
Under high level direction from the Chief Operating Officer of KV Capital, you will:
- Conceive, organize and implement deal sourcing strategies;
- Service mortgage broker and client accounts as the “face of the firm”;
- Strategically target and introduce KV Capital as a lender of first choice to new brokers and clients;
- Mentor and oversee business development team members, and
- Expand our client and broker base to new geographies and demographics.
KV Capital is focused on developing meaningful, long lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our clients and brokers. It will be incumbent upon you to maintain and build the reputation of the firm by delivering clear communication, timely service and providing expert advice.
STRUCTURE: KV Capital employee
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Edmonton, Alberta
EXPERIENCE: Executive Level
JOB FUNCTION: Business Development Finance
Competitive base salary supplemented by incentive based compensation tied to key performance metrics of:
- Funded volume; and
- Lender fees collected on deals attributable to your efforts.
QUALIFICATIONS / DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 10 + years of progressively responsible related experience;
- The ability to close annual private lending transactions of $40M +;
- Established a network of contacts in the mortgage and real estate industries, and have recognized expertise in the Alberta commercial and/or residential mortgage markets;
- Financial acumen with experience relevant to land development and/or residential construction projects;
- An aptitude for clear communication with the demonstrated ability to present in a professional manner;
- Industry recognized credentials in the mortgage brokering, real estate, accounting, finance, and/or engineering fields is preferred but not required;
- Willingness to travel within western Canada; and,
- High energy and self-motivation.
Please apply on LinkedIn